Thursday, April 19, 2018

Pastor Doug's April 2018 Newsletter

Sorry, it's been a while.

Hopefully we are back up to speed, and ready to go on a regular basis!

Now, on to this month's newsletter from Pastor Doug!


We all say "Good Morning" to others.

Do you know what the new meaning of  "Good Morning" is?


G: Get up
O: Open your heart
O: Open your mind.
D: Dedicate your day to God

M: Meditate on God's Word
O: Optimize your Faith and Hope
R: Rebuke all evils
N: Never doubt God's Love
I: Inspire someone
N: Never let anything scare you
G: Go out with Joy

So I say have a GOOD MORNING, and a Blessed day!

10 things that take ZERO talent, but that gain you 100% respect

1: Being on time
2: Work ethic
3: Effort
4: Body language
5: Energy
6: Attitude
7: Passion
8: Being Coachable
9: Doing extra
10: Being Prepared


Reflections on aging:

*Remember, old folks are worth a fortune, with silver in their hair, gold in their teeth, stones in their kidneys, lead in their feet, and gas in their stomachs.

*I have become a little older now, and a few changes have come into my life. Frankly, I have become a frivolous old gal, and am seeing 5 gentlemen every day. As soon as I wake up, WILL POWER helps me get out of bed. The I go down the hall and see JOHN.

Next, CHARLIE HORSE comes along, and boy does he demand a lot of my time and attention. When he leaves, ARTHUR RITIS shows up, and stays the whole rest of the day.  He doesn't like to stay in one place for too long, so he takes me from joint to joint. 

After such a busy day, and am really tired, and glad to relax with BEN GAY. 

* What a life. The preacher came to visit me the other day. He said that at my age, I should be thinking about the hereafter.

I told him;  "Oh, I do, all the time. No matter where I am, in the parlor, upstairs, in the kitchen, or down in the basement, I ask myself; Now what am I here after?" Source unknown

Until we meet again, I wish you well, and may God bless you!






No comments:

Post a Comment